Child & Family Centre
The Sault College Child and Family Centre provides a welcoming, respectful and stimulating child care environment that promotes the early education and care of young children. Our programs are designed to nurture a strong development of their potential, interests and creativity.
Sault College offers two convienient daycare facilities on campus. The licensed Child and Family Centre is staffed by qualified Early Childhood Educators who are assisted by students. The daycare can facilitate up to 62 children aged 18 months to 4 years old. Student parents requiring day care assistance should contact the Centre as early as possible. Spaces are limited.
Child Development Centre (On-Campus Child Care)
- Licensed in accordance with the Ontario Day Nurseries Act
- Staffed by qualified Early Childhood Educators
- Dependable, reliable care
We offer care for:
- TODDLERS: 18 - 30 months of age, 5 days per week (maximum of 10 spaces)
- PRESCHOOLERS: 31 months - 5 years, 5 days per week (maximum of 24 spaces)
- JK: Mornings with lunch and return after school. If you plan to enroll your child in either of these programs, please call and discuss arrangements with the supervisor.
The Centre, which is open to everyone, operates from September to the end of June. The fee to attend is $36.00 per child per day with subsidized spaces available for Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal families. The Child and Family Centre adheres to the philosophy that children learn best through play and that cooperation rather than competitiveness should be encouraged. The children are supported and guided by qualified staff through experiences developed to enhance and enrich decision making skills, self-esteem, self-confidence, a sense of responsibility, good citizenship and respect for others. The program is designed around the principles of developmentally appropriate practices. Nature-based experiences, outdoor play and components of Aboriginal culture are embedded within the curriculum.
If you wish to enrol your child or children in the Child and Family Centre at Sault College or the before and after school care programs, parents are required to register at www.saultdaycare.ca.
We would love to keep in touch!
Subscribe to our mailing list.